The Prayog is of the Lakshmi Sahasranama Stotram from the Skanda Purana.
The procedure is as follows: - Ashok Mehta
1. Start from the day of Dhanteras during the festival of Diwali.
2. Have a bath early in the morning between 4 to 5 AM. While having bath, do not be completely naked and wear at least one cloth.
3. Go to your Puja place after the bath. Then, spread a yellow/red velvet Aasan on the floor facing east and sit behind the Aasan in Veeraasan.
4.Then, do Aasan Shuddhi using a Aasan Shuddhi Mantra and make a Swastik on the Aasan using Kesar and Gangajal paste.
5. Then, sit on the Aasan in Padmaasan.
6. Keep a yellow or red Chowki in front of you. Keep a Ganesh idol on the right side and a Shri Yantra in the middle. On the left side, keep a Lakshmi photo.
7. Light 2 Diyas. The Diya should be earthen. One Diya should be of oil, which must be kept in front of Ganesha and other must be of pure Ghee, which must be kept on, or in front, of the Shri Yantra. Then make a mount of rice and on it, keep a copper Lota filled with water near the Lakshmi photo.
8. Do Puja of your Guru, Ganesha, Vishnu, Shiv, Kubera, Lakshmi and then finally do Shodashopchar Puja of the Shri Yantra.
9. Using a Sphatik rosary chant 1 rosary of the Vishnu and Lakshmi Gayatri Mantra and Beej Mantra " श्रीं ".
10. After reciting the initial Mantras of the Sankalp, say the following when you will mention the reason for taking the Sankalp of Sahasranaam Paath-
---------सर्व दुःख, दारिद्रय, अलक्ष्मी निवारणार्थे । धन-धान्य आदि समृद्धि, अष्ट ऐश्वर्य, सर्व भौतिक च आध्यात्मिक सुख प्राप्त्यर्थे ।
सर्व भय,शोक,मंस्तापा विनाशनार्थे । अभय, दीर्घायु, आरोग्य आदि प्राप्त्यर्थे । लक्ष्मी सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र यथा संख्य पाठ संकल्प करिष्ये ।।
11. After that, recite the Stotra 1 time daily for your whole life.
12. After end of the recitation, do Mantra Pushpanjali and say Kshama Prathana for any mistakes done during the recitation.
13. After that, recite 1 rosary of the Lakshmi Gayatri Mantra one again.
In this Stotra, the goddess Lakshmi herself says that even if someone doesn't have devotion towards her but still recites the Stotra with the belief that she must be saluted, she will give wealth and everything else that he wants.
If this Stotra is recited by a person who is a devotee of Lakshmi or someone whose Isht Devata is Lakshmi, to such a person, goddess Lakshmi looks after him day and night like a mother looks after her child.
Those who are in pain and have lost everything, even if they recite without devotion and only with the thought that she must be respected, goddess Lakshmi will stay in her house as long as sun and moon stay in this world.
Those who recite this Stotra once daily, there will never be anything difficult and that person will achieve everything easily with the grace of goddess Lakshmi.
Even those who do not follow Dharma properly and those who do not do her penance or worship properly will earn wealth and blessings of goddess Lakshmi.
Even if the person is besieged by bad luck and deep down lost in poverty, even such a person will get grace of Lakshmi and get good luck in life.
But this Stotra should be recited secretly and no one else except you should know that you are doing this recitation. If someone cannot recite it daily, he must recite it every Friday without fail.
One thing I want to add that irrespective of what benefits I have mentioned above, if you do not give donation to beggars, do not feed the cow daily, if you do not respect your elders, if you think sexually towards women, have hatred towards other people, get angry every now and then, live in unhygienic and cluttered surroundings, people who are miser or live miserly life, people who just want to take and take and not give anything in return, people who keep on fighting with family members or those who take intoxicants like alcohol, drugs and eat non-veg, person who insults women, a person who eats spicy foods, fast foods like Samosa, Vadapav, Pav Bhaji, etc or sour foods like curd, tomatoes, etc. are bound to remain poor. All such people will never get rich even in a 1000 births.
If someone wants to get rich, he needs to give up on all the things I have mentioned above. Unless and until someone does not do this, there is no chance of getting very wealthy. There is no other option.
A person who does this Sadhana must not be naked while having a bath and he must give alms to a beggar everyday.
The Sadhak cannot eat rice or rice in any form after dusk. He also must make sure that his house is cleaned by 6 PM daily because one cannot clean the house after dusk. He must not leave the house cluttered and must make sure that his house doesn't have dents or holes in walls or the floor. If it is so, he must do the required corrections in it.
In Shakti or any Vidya worship, keeping a copper Lota full of water in front of the Idol, Yantra or Photo is compulsory.
Eating non-veg, alcohol, toxic substances including tea or coffee, spicy and sour foods is very strictly forbidden.