Chanting this Divine Mantra is must for any person going through very difficult problems or diseases in life. - Ashok Mehta
Viniyog: ।। ॐ अस्य श्री महामृत्युंजय मंत्रस्य, वामदेव कहोल वसिष्ठा ऋषियः, पंक्तिगायत्र्य अनुष्टुभ छंदः, सदाशिव महामृत्युंजय रुद्रो देवता, श्री बीजम्, ह्रीं शक्तिः, महामृत्युंजयप्रीत्यर्थे जापे विनियोगः ।।
Dhyaan: || हस्ताम्भोज-युग्सथ-कुम्भयुगलादुद्धत्य तोयं शिर:
सिञ्चन्तं करयोर्युगेन दधतं स्वाङ्के स-कुम्भौ करौ |
अक्ष-स्रग्-मृगहस्तमम्बुजगतं मूर्द्धस्थचन्द्रं स्रवत्
पीयूषोऽत्र तनुं भजे सगिरिजं मृत्युञ्जयं त्रयम्बकम् ||१||
Mantra: || ॐ ह्रौं ॐ जूं सः ॐ भूर्भुवः स्वः ॐ त्रयम्बकं यजामहे सुगंधिं पुष्टिवर्धनं |
उर्वा रुकमिव बंधनान् मृत्योर्मुक्षीय मां अमृतात् |
ॐ स्वः भूर्भुवः ॐ सः जूं ॐ ह्रौं ॐ ||
There are many people who use मामृतात्, which is wrong because firstly we are asking for Moksh from death. Moksh means freedom. And at the same time we are asking for no immortality, which is a contradiction in itself. If someone is asking freedom from death then it is very obvious that one achieves immortality.
Also, the Mantra is a Mrityunjay Mantra and not a Moksh Mantra. Hence, मां अमृतात् are the correct words according to my opinion.
Procedure of Mahamrityunjay Mantra:
1. Firstly, perform all the Mantra Sanskar. Then, start this Sadhana from any Shiv Ratri or Soma Shivratri.
2. Sit facing north east on a Kush Aasan either at your home or if possible, in a Shivalay.
3. Keep a Mahamrityunjay/Rudra Yantra and Sphatik Shivling in front of you on a Red Chowki.
4. Then Do Guru Pujan, Panch Mahabhuta Pujan and perform Puja of Shivling and Yantra using popular articles like rice, raw milk, chandan, honey, etc.
5. Recite Amogh Shiv Kavach and then perform everything mentioned in the following post: - Components of Mantra
6. Then, take a Sankalp for your desired wish.
7. If you are sitting at home, chant this Mantra 1.25 lac times within 21 days.
If you are doing Japa in Shivalay, chant 31 rosary daily for 41 days.
I suggest the aspiring Sadhak to do Japa in Shivalay if possible as the benefits will be infinite times more.
After the Japa, do Aarti, Mantra Pushp Anjali, etc. After the end of Sadhana, Sadhak must do Homa, Tarpan, Marjan, Brahman Bhojan and Daan.
The Mantra does need much introduction and as we all know about the immense powers of the Mahamrityunjay Mantra. Most of the general public think that the above Mantra is Mritsanjivni Mantra but it is not. Mritsanjivni Mantra is very different and it doesn't contain even one word from Mahamrityunjay Mantra.
The Mrityunjay Mantra which starts with " ॐ त्रयम्बकं..." is called as Tryambak Mrityunjay Mantra. There are various sources claiming different Mantra to be Mrityunjay Mantra but that is just baseless. And Mritsanjivni Mantra does not necessarily have to be of Shiv only. Even Hanuman has his own Mrit Sanjivani Mantra.