By Ashok Mehta
Following is the complete detailed procedure of practicing the Panchmukhi Hanuman Kavach Sadhana:
1. Viniyog- Panchmukhi Hanuman Kavach first has Viniyog. For Viniyog, one has to take a teaspoonful of water, a red flower, some unbroken rice and read the Viniyog and then offer everything to the ground in front of you.
2. Dhyaan- Then comes the Dhyaan Shlokas. These verses have to be recited while keeping the eyes closed and meditating upon Panchmukhi Hanuman.
3. Then Mool mantras- These don't have any special procedure. There will be 5 Mool mantras representing 5 faces. One can recite each one of them as much as they want. There is no bar.
4. Viniyog 2- After this, another Viniyog is mentioned. This Viniyog also has to be recited and performed the way mentioned in point 1.
5. Viniyog 3- Repeat the exercise mentioned in point 1 with this Viniyog.
6. Kar Nyasa- Kar Nyasa involves touching fingers to instill divine energies in oneself by chanting various Mantras and touching the fingers simultaneously.
The blank space is filled with the Devta name. Every Panchmukhi Hanuman Kavach that I have come across uses different names in the blank space. Hence, I am not entering anything.
a) अंगुष्ठाभ्यां नमः || - Sitting in a meditative pose, Use the index fingers of both hands and run them from base of the thumb till the top(of the respective hand) while simultaneously chanting this Mantra.
b) तर्जनीभ्यां नमः || - Run the thumbs of both the hands from the base of the index finger till the tip while chanting the Mantra.
c) मध्यमाभ्यां नमः || - Run your thumbs from the base of the middle finger till the top while chanting the Mantra.
D) अनामिकाभ्यां नमः || - repeat the above procedure with ring fingers
E) कनिष्ठकाभ्यां नमः ||- Repeat the above procedure with the last fingers.
F) पृष्ठाभ्यां नमः || First, Use your right hand's palm and touch the back of the left hand (part of hand behind the left hand's palm). Then, use left hand's palm and touch the back of right hand.
7. Ang Nyasa- This involves chanting of various Mantras to establish divinity in different parts of body.
A) हृदयाय नमः || - Using right hand, touch the heart.
B) शिरसे स्वाहा || - Using right hand touch the Sahasra Chakra or the top of your head
C) शिखायै वषट् || - Touch the part where your hair ends on the back part of the neck.
D) कवचाय हुँ || - Touch the left bicep with right hand and vice versa simultaneously while chanting the Mantra alongside this motion.
E) नेत्रत्रयाय वौषट् || - Touch the three eyes with the index, middle and ring fingers of your hand.
D] अस्त्राय फट् || - While rotating the hand above your head, snap the 3 fingers of right hand 3 times. Then raise your hands up in the air and show Chakra Mudra.
8. Viniyog- Repeat step 1 for this Viniyog.
9. Kavach Mantras
10. Digibandh- For this, after reciting all the Kavach Mantras say "इति दिग्बंधः", then say "ॐ ___ अस्त्राय फट् ||" and snap the index finger and middle finger of the right hand on the palm of the left hand. Keep your hands high in the air while you do it.
Then show Chakra Mudra high in the air. Then, snap three fingers of the right hand in all 10 directions starting from east. Go clockwise.
Other than this, nothing else in the Kavach Paath requires special procedure. The Stotra is so powerful that reciting it only 6 times daily makes all the gods attracted towards you. Other than this there are various benefits of reciting this Kavach while can be learnt when one starts reciting the Kavach